The Men’s Shed movement started off as a health initiative, a place where a man can go and do things he’s been doing all his life in the company of other like-minded men. Over time, the backyard has reduced, and with that a man’s shed is becoming more and more of a rarity. The Parramatta District Men’s Shed provides a place for a man to have a shed, filled with valuable tools and resources, as well as a place for him to socialise.
The Parramatta District Men’s Shed is filled with plenty of modern metal and woodworking equipment, much of which has been generously funded through grants from the government and other community organisations. Whether you’re interested in metalwork, woodwork or gardening, the Parramatta District Men’s Shed is the place for you.
NSW Parliament Presentation 10-05-2022
Radio interviews from Alive 90.5
- Mens Shed Podcast 06-03-2014 CLICK HERE TO LISTEN
- Mens Shed Podcast 13-03-2014 CLICK HERE TO LISTEN
- Mens Shed Podcast 20-03-2014 CLICK HERE TO LISTEN
- Mens Shed Parramatta 23-04-2015 CLICK HERE TO LISTEN
Becoming a member:
All members and visitors to our shed MUST comply with the following:
- Be fully vaccinated and show proof of same (this now includes booster shots), PROOF will be required.
- Only attend the shed if you do NOT have any of the COVID19 symptoms, NOT been in contact with or visited a venue under a COVID19 alert within the previous 2 days, and have not been contacted by anyone warning you may have been exposed to someone exposed to or with COVID19 symptoms.
- Sign in using the sign-in sheet at the shed
- Comply with the shed COVID19 requirements whilst attending the shed
Your next steps:
1. You can come to the shed on any day that the shed is open (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 0930am til 200pm) as a visitor, which allows you to mingle with other members and for them to meet you.
2. If you wish to then join You can submit an application. Your application will then be reviewed by the Board and if approved, PAY fees ($40 joining fee + $70 annual subscription (annual subscription of $70 will be due on 1st July each year) ) $110 to the secretary or the treasurer.
3. Complete your orientation and tools assessment with our shed Safety coordinator or delegated volunteer,
4. You will then be issued the appropriate Shed Badge, which is to be worn at all times whilst at the shed or on shed activities. You also need to sign in and out when attending the shed.
You can download the Application For Membership form here.
If you have any questions about membership of Parramatta District Men’s Shed Inc, please get in contact with us. We’d love to hear from you!
OUR Business Plan
Go to PDMS 5 Year Business Plan 2019 to read our 5 year business plan
OUR Annual report to ACNC for Charity STATUS
Go HERE to see our annual report for 2021-2022 to the ACNC as part of our requirements to maintain Charity Status